Have you ever dreamed of becoming an architect? Join us and put your design skills to the test as you help the children to plan and build the grandest of sandcastles with a drawbridge, a moat, and flags flying high on the turrets.
Have you ever dreamed of becoming a mathematician? Join us and encourage the children to count as together you stack blocks one on top of the other, higher and higher, one, two, three… they all fall down.
Have you ever dreamed of becoming a chef-extraordinaire? Join us by helping the children to sow seeds in the garden, nurturing and harvesting your vegetable crops and then cooking them to perfection in a hot and creamy soup for everyone to enjoy. Oh, how yummy.
Have you ever dreamed of becoming an artist? Join us and encourage the children to explore colour and texture as you dig deep in the craft cupboard for glitter and sequins, sculpt models from dough and mix paints to make rainbows.
You can be anything you want to be, we truly believe that, and there really is no end to what you will achieve here, at Childbase Partnership, as an early years educator. So, can you think of a more rewarding role, a better career choice? No? Then join us, because our nurseries would love to welcome a creative, thoughtful, and caring person like you, to work as part of our team, to help guide our children’s learning and development. And while you’re inspiring the children in your care to dream big and achieve incredible things, we’ll support you to fulfil your full potential.
If your answer is YES to any of the above, then we have an opportunity for you to join us at Childbase Partnership, in the role of Relief Nursery Practitioner. This role is to join the relief team for our Lavenders Day Nursery in Bedford, however, if you’d like to provide relief cover at any of our other nurseries, this option is open to you; a full list of our nursery locations can be found on our website.
As a Relief Nursery Practitioner you will play an important role in contributing towards the on-going success of our company. You will provide relief cover for team holiday, training and other staff leave, and you will work with all age groups (0-5 years) across the nursery. Some shifts will be offered to you in advance and others will become available at short notice. The flexible nature of this 0-hour role means, if you are offered a relief shift on a day when you have other commitments, you can simply decline the shift.
As relief cover requirements for the nursery change from week-to-week, we are seeking new relief team members who can work varied shifts between the hours of 07:30am-18:30pm, on at least two days each week ideally.
We are seeking a very special person to join us in this role. Someone who:
- is naturally nurturing, caring and compassionate to others
- has some experience of caring for children under five, ideally in a nursery environment, and has an interest in child development and how children learn; you may currently be undertaking an early years or teaching qualification at college or university
- can be a positive role model to the children in their care
- enjoys contributing within a busy, team environment.
We are offering an hourly pay rate of:
- £11.00-£12.14 if you’re qualified to level 3 or above
- £10.95 if you’re qualified to level 2
- £10.90 if you’re not early years qualified.
Just some of the benefits we have to offer:
- Up to 50 paid days off a year
- Childcare discount from day one; 50% for your children and/or 20% for your grandchildren.
- Perkbox access offering various retail discounts and reduced ticket prices on days out.
- ‘Recommend a friend’ bonus of £1000 every time you successfully refer someone to join our partnership.
- Complimentary breakfast, lunch and refreshments when you are at work.
- Thrive Mental Health App, Employee Assistance Scheme, Occupational Health Service and private medical care.
- Career progression and opportunities for future promotion across our partnership.
Successful applicants will need to provide ‘right to work in the UK’ documentation and evidence of any qualifications essential to the role, undertake a DBS check and provide satisfactory references, prior to commencing employment with us. If your application is successful, our Recruitment and Compliance Team will be there to support you through our onboarding process, every step of the way.