We have an opportunity for you to join us at Childbase Partnership, an employee-owned company, in the role of Nursery Nurse providing 1:1 support to one of our children at our Willows Day Nursery in Aylesbury. You will join us on a part time basis, working 22 hours a week, all-year-round. Your shifts will fall between the hours of 07.30-18.30.
This role comes with a pay rate of:
- £12.00-£12.60 per hour if you’re qualified to level 6 or above in early years or you hold QTS (£24,960-£26,208 per annum when working 40 hours a week)
- £11.50-£12.60 per hour if you’re qualified to level 3, 4 or 5 in early years (£23,920-£26,208 per annum when working 40 hours a week)
- £11.00 per hour if you’re qualified to level 2 in early years (£22,880 per annum when working 40 hours a week)
- £10.90 per hour if you do not hold an early years qualification (£22,672 per annum when working 40 hours a week).
We are seeking a very special person to join us in this role. Someone who:
- is naturally nurturing, caring and compassionate to others
- has some experience of caring for children under 5 and has an interest in child development and how children learn
- can be a positive role model to the children in their care
- enjoys contributing within a busy, team environment.
When you join our partnership, you will be greatly rewarded with a range of benefits, which include:
- an annual tax-free dividend, when the company performs well; for the year 2022, every colleague received a dividend payment of up to £3000 for those working full time (prorated based on hours worked for others)
- Perkbox access offering various retail discounts and reduced ticket prices on days out
- ‘recommend a friend’ bonuses of £1000 every time you successfully refer someone to join our partnership
- childcare discount from day one; 50% for your children and/or 20% for your grandchildren
- cycle to work scheme
- annual savings club which offers you 3% interest on the money you save
- salary advance or hardship loan, if you require financial support in unexpected circumstances
- fully-paid enhanced DBS check and regular renewals
- complimentary breakfast, lunch and refreshments when you are at work
- 23 days of annual leave to start (pro rata for part time roles), which increases with length of service, and there is the option to buy and sell days
- Thrive mental health app, employee assistance scheme, occupational health service and private medical care
- annual conference and awards event, at which individual and team achievements are recognised
- team dinners and a £100 bonus payment to celebrate outstanding Ofsted outcomes
- career progression and opportunities for future promotion, across our partnership.
Please note, terms and conditions apply to some of our benefits and financial rewards.
The personal and professional development of colleagues is important to us, and an extensive calendar of training, both face-to-face and online, is available to everyone. Two annual team inset days are held for colleagues in our nurseries, and apprenticeships in early years and in team leading are offered through our in-house Training Academy of Excellence.
As employee-owners, we believe that a set of core values, which apply to everything we do across our partnership, are fundamental to our ongoing success. Our values are:
- we all belong
- we are determined to be excellent
- we own our future
- we have a meaningful voice
- we are committed to change.
As part of our commitment to change, we are involved in various eco-initiatives which support us to uphold our pledge to ensure a sustainable future for the next generation and beyond. Initiatives across our nurseries include Eco-Schools, Cool Earth Project and Food for Life.
Do you share our values? Then join us; apply today to become a Childbase partner.
Successful applicants will need to provide ‘right to work in the UK’ documentation and evidence of any relevant qualifications, undertake a DBS check and provide satisfactory references, prior to commencing employment with us. If your application is successful, our Recruitment and Compliance Team will be there to support you through our onboarding process, every step of the way.